[PSUBS-MAILIST] buoyancy

Alan James via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Wed Nov 11 14:15:13 EST 2015

Hank,I did a quick calc on a sphere of nominal dimensions made of epoxy / fiberglass.With external pressure it had a depth of 4347ft, with internal 3785ft. I should have postedthe results in psi, but you get the picture.The big thing to me would be that if you ruptured it by hitting anything, or so it failed, you would go downlike a lead balloon. Alan