[PSUBS-MAILIST] manifold

Stephen Fordyce via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Thu Nov 12 16:02:39 EST 2015

No worries Brian - it's like a lot of things, where if you have good
technique and parts then it's fine. Plus the 1/4" threads are much more
forgiving than the bigger ones.

I just finished a project (a system for a very large LNG plant for Chevron)
where we were not not allowed to use Teflon tape, only paste - and
everything was SS. Everything went in fine and sealed, but when we had to
make some modifications maybe 40% of the connections were galled to some
extent.

Damaged threads is something to really watch out for, as that can really
ruin your day. This can also happen when a SS threaded fitting is welded
onto something and distorts slightly - I had some rather expensive
components on a last minute project destroy themselves because of this.

Cheers,
Steve
On 13/11/2015 1:58 AM, "Brian Cox via Personal_Submersibles" <