[PSUBS-MAILIST] syntactic foam

Alan James via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Tue Nov 17 17:51:15 EST 2015

Hank,if the trawl floats crushed they would do it one at a time.Maybe make a fiberglass form in the shape you need &fill it with differing sizes of trawl floats. With smaller trawl floats filling thegaps between the bigger ones. Then in stages fill in the gaps with syntactic foam.That should add strength to the trawl floats. I should think the whole unit would be much stronger than it's individual parts, but that's a Sean question:)Alan