[PSUBS-MAILIST] welding

Rick Patton via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sun Nov 29 17:05:03 EST 2015

I also tack weld U shaped pieces of plate (1/2" or 3/8") thick on the
inside, the number determined by the diameter of pipe to be welded, to keep
the root gap from closing from the heat as it is a pain having to use metal
wedges to do the same thing as they tend to get in the way of feeding your
filler rod. Once the root pass is completed you can knock the braces off,
clean up the tacks with a grinder and you are good to go.

Rick

On Sun, Nov 29, 2015 at 11:24 AM, Brian Cox via Personal_Submersibles <