[PSUBS-MAILIST] Fw:

Alan via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Thu Oct 8 14:44:46 EDT 2015

Hank,
yes why don't you go through a live test & post
us the video😊
How long will the air last you in the escape pod?
How large is your flood valve, & how long will it take to
fill the sub to the point that the pod releases?
I think you said you have a snorkel or breathing
hole in your escape pod hatch. you could breath through this
while the sub filled up with water, but it would be slowly
pressurising your escape capsule. If the breathing hole
in the escape hatch was oriented so that it was at the top of the hatch
when in the attached position, then you could breath through
it till the sub filled to about 1/2 way. I think you said you have a view
port in the capsule, so you could possibly see the level the sub was filling to.
If you breathed cabin air till the half way flood point you would pressurise
the capsule to 15psi (33ft) & you wouldn't have any worries about decompression
sickness at that stage.