[PSUBS-MAILIST] Rotary oil seal question

Alan via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Thu Oct 15 13:22:08 EDT 2015

Thanks Hank,
I am using the Viton seals because they are more heat resistant,
but don't think I will be doing more than 3000 rpm & the shaft is only 10mm.
Am using brushless motors, so no problem with brush contact :)
That's a good thought re putting in a sleeve to go from the larger to smaller seal,
hadn't thought of that. I will try just press fitting from the front.