[PSUBS-MAILIST] Program

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Thu Oct 22 20:05:19 EDT 2015

Sean,This is a new project,  and I am exploring this option because of the imperfection in the pressed heads I got for my pod.  EE told  me they can not press a smooth head without this imperfection.   The imperfection does not go away until a thickness of 2 inches.  The problem stems from changing the die's.  My plan is to have the pieces cut and pressed and will fit over a head that I already have, the head I have will be cut to act as a jig.  My preference is to use two semi heads of coarse, but I am concerned over this wrinkle in the heads.  I could overlay weld and grind smooth as the imperfection is    quite shallow, maybe 1\16 in.  other than this wrinkle, the heads are deadly accurate.I will post a picture of the imperfection,