[PSUBS-MAILIST] Fly out ROV

Alan James via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Mon Sep 14 19:08:03 EDT 2015

Hi Lasse,they are a great idea. I saw a fly-out rov operating off a deep diving sub in the movieAliens of the deep (I think).There are some reasonably priced rovs with simple manipulators. And a lot of designsfor making one yourself. If you had a manipulator with cutters you could manouver itaround your sub & cut off any obstruction if entangled. You could also use it to attach lifting ropesto anythingh you may want to recover.Cheers Alan