[PSUBS-MAILIST] Sub hot water bottle.

Alan James via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Mon Sep 21 16:05:55 EDT 2015

James,Cliff is using this regulator as a compensating device.http://ph.parker.com/us/en/stainless-steel-pressure-regulator-pr354-pr364-series-miniature
I intend to use it also. You attach it to your air line & dial in your required overpressure.It has a hole in the handle spindle that enables the regulator to keep theset pressure above ambient & also exhaust any over pressure as you ascend.The idea is to mount it with the handwheel facing down to avoid any water getting in the system,& additionally as a caution run a tube down off it.You can either fill your motor with oil; in which case any oil expansion can run up the length oftubing from the regulator to the motor, or just air compensate.Untried apart from one dive by Cliff.Looks more proffesional than a hot water bottle:)Cheers Alan