[PSUBS-MAILIST] MK 2 Brushless Thruster

Alan James via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Fri Apr 1 05:05:09 EDT 2016

 Updated version with Hanks suggestion of a channel directto the motor cavity.I have also added a bearing at the wiring end of the motor shaft.I am not sure about this. It would be easier engineering wise, to locate the motor ina central back bearing & have the holes for the locating pins a bit over sized,rather than a tight fit. That way they would only serve to stop the rotation of the back section of the motor. According to my propeller calculator, adding anothershaft bearing will reduce the power output by 1.5%.Alan