[PSUBS-MAILIST] esmarelda launch

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Mon Apr 4 18:00:24 EDT 2016

Hi Brian,That is great news, and of coarse there will be some issues.  Hank

    On Monday, April 4, 2016 3:14 PM, Brian Cox via Personal_Submersibles <personal_submersibles at psubs.org> wrote:

 Hi All,               Just got back from my initial launch/test at the harbor.  Kind of a mixed bag of good and bad.  When we dropped it in the water it floated just where I had hoped it would. and was quite stable.  I have some problems with the concrete hull in that I have a bunch of small leaks around the edges where I have bolt penetrations , those leaks make it so the ballast starts taking on water , I thought I had addressed those leaks earlier but no.   So then we decided that I might as well see where I'm at with the ballast totally flooded,  started flooding the ballast and it soon became apparent that the side to side stability could be a problem.  I was on the conning tower trying to make the thing tip over and I'm pretty sure if I kept at is I could have done so.  So I need to address that .   I came in at around 7 tones .  Once I process the video I'll post a link.   But with all things considered I'm happy to know where I'm at least.  Getting in down to the harbor and back on the trailer was an accomplishment in it self ! Brian