[PSUBS-MAILIST] Pre-Charge Resistor

Alan James via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Fri Apr 8 20:49:53 EDT 2016

Thanks Steve,I didn't know there was such a calculator.The resistor Kelly supplied was  1K, the link I posted was misleading.I would need to contact Kelly to find out about the capacitors in my controller.I have seen figures elsewhere of anywhere up to 4 seconds delay.The 1k resistor will run my test battery (48V 40ahr) down in about 800 hrs. if I don't disconnect the battery or resistor; unless there is some electronics that I don't know about that monitors the state of charge of the capacitors & turns their power supply off & on.Cheers Alan