[PSUBS-MAILIST] SCMv2 - Submarine Control Manager

Jon Wallace via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Tue Apr 12 10:28:50 EDT 2016

After studying the ABS Ergonomics Guide regarding alarms the only thing
I had to change was blinking of the visual alarms upon activation and
changing to a steady light upon acknowledgement.  The SCM has multiple
alarms however and the ABS guide is silent regarding whether the
blinking of multiple alarms should be in resonance (all blinking
together at the same time) or randomly based upon when the alarm was
set.  The random method certainly gets your attention when multiple
alarms go off but I think the resonance method might allow better
processing of which alarm to tackle first in the case of multiple
alarms.  Any thoughts.

Jon