[PSUBS-MAILIST] Speed controllers

Alec Smyth via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Tue Apr 19 17:45:02 EDT 2016

Hi all,

I need to finalize my selection of speed controllers for Shackleton over
the next week or so, and at first blush am looking at this one from Roboteq:

http://www.roboteq.com/index.php/docman/motor-controllers-documents-and-files/documentation/datasheets/hbl23xx/59-hbl23xx-datasheet/file

There will be two of them, each driving a pair of MK101 thrusters. Roboteq
offers a controller family that is a step down from this and still handles
the required amperage, and which is tempting because it's much less
expensive. However, the specs are too close for comfort (50A continuous
duty rating vs. MK101 requirement of 46A).

Anyone have any suggestions for other cost-effective controllers to
consider?

Thanks,