[PSUBS-MAILIST] Speed controllers

Cliff Redus via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sun Apr 24 15:37:30 EDT 2016

Good points, all.  Psubs for me is a hobby.  $1500 for a pressure
transmitter is low likelihood given oil price of $40/bbl.  When the oil
price goes back up, my psub budget will go up as well.  As to error for
typical altitude measurement, I use a sounder, and it seem to be quite
accurate but my assessment is purely subjective as I don't have hard data
on the accuracy.  As a starting point I may give your suggestion on the PID
setup (underdamped system with perceptible but slow integral correction,
and forget about derivative entirely) a try.

cliff