[PSUBS-MAILIST] power converter

Stephen Fordyce via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Tue Apr 26 22:45:23 EDT 2016

Hi guys,
Getting it to AC should be more straightforward in terms of being able to
get a standard product, but still needs a pretty big/expensive
inverter.  The DC rectifier could work but again for the currents involved
the capacitors required for a smooth output would have to be huge, and it's
another significant exercise/stuff to go wrong.  Plus it's probably all
quite inefficient (I wouldn't be surprised if you lost 20% of the
electrical energy just through the conversion).

Cheers,
Steve

On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 12:18 PM, k6fee via Personal_Submersibles <