[PSUBS-MAILIST] Welding

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Thu Apr 28 08:14:40 EDT 2016

Alan,I can't recall if you have a shoulder on the end cap for the barrel to sit on.  Since your  caps are so beefy, machine a substantial shoulder for the barrel to sit on then clamp and weld.  I am not in love with the big plug idea, probably would work but I have seen things like that go bad from getting stuck.  I would just clamp it and weld it then machine it true again. Hank