[PSUBS-MAILIST] OTS transducer location

Alan via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Tue Aug 2 21:56:45 EDT 2016

Doug,
I have seen a number of inflatable pontoon systems for lifting boats
above the water. They all used pumps to pump out the water.
I wonder if there is merit in designing an inflatable pontoon that you could
lower, & drive Snoopy on to, then fill with air & tow.  It would
solve the problem of boarding in rough seas, as you could climb in while
it was up on the pontoons. The pontoons would also make it easier to
board without bashing your boat against the sub.
You would need a large barge if you are looking at hoisting in to the water.
It wasn't the easiest in perfect conditions in to your canal.
I think they use a ballasted platform in Hawaii ( similar idea) Scott might confirm
that as he has just been there.