[PSUBS-MAILIST] water cooled diesel

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Thu Aug 11 10:29:51 EDT 2016

Hi All,I am looking for a one cylinder water cooled diesel engine that will fit comfortably through a 18 inch dia opening.  This seems a challenge--I can get air cooled engines all day long but can't find water cooled.  My only option is to then water cool an air cooled engine.  Has anyone here tried that or have ideas.  I was thinking to run copper tubing around the cylinder and head between the fins and also have a copper loop in the oil reservoir with water running through.  If the cylinder with fins was round I would simply machine the block and make a water jacket but no luck there.Any ideas?Hank