[PSUBS-MAILIST] Gyro turn indicator test

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Wed Aug 17 15:00:00 EDT 2016

Hi All,Just got back from a test dive--I was testing my gyro turn indicator.  It works for what it was intended but not for staying on coarse in a sub.  At least not in my sub.  The problem is, you have to keep a very close eye on the indicator and it reacts very quickly.  I need either a gyro compass or a flux gate compass.  With a compass, you can go off coarse and you have a reference number to return to.  You will go off track but at least maintain your direction.   I only did a quick test since I only had Texas style visibility as expected for August.Hank