[PSUBS-MAILIST] Motor modification

Mon Dec 5 07:28:20 EST 2016

Hi All

I have been talking to Rick about motor compensation which has got me
thinking.

I originally did my motors like other psubbers have done with the rubber
tubes around the sides, but have found them a real pain to fill.  Problem
is the location of the tube, plus the tiny bit of protruding pipe nipple on
the inside.

So, I modified the motors by drilling a hole in the top part of the
aluminium endcap and use that now as the vent\final fill.  Its better, but
still awkward.

I have suggested to Rick this idea, which I am tempted to adopt myself.
Blocking off the existing side mounted pipe nipples and
filling\venting\compensating all from the one top hole.  There would be a
rubber bulb of some sort on the end of the pipe.  2x pictures show filling
and operation.  Appologies for rubbish drawings, im at work.

What does everyone think?

​
​