[PSUBS-MAILIST] Motor modification

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Mon Dec 5 14:09:41 EST 2016

Rick, you are correct, no bladder.  It is likely there is a wee bit of water due to expansion and contraction.  In salt water, I would drill and tap under the prop for filling and then another port at the opposite end where it is convenient for an expansion\compensation bladder.  If you use a clear bladder and tube, you can put the motor vertical, prop end up to fill.  Then manipulate the bladder at the same time to work out any bubbles.  That is just my thoughts, no best way here, just different.Hank