[PSUBS-MAILIST] Motor modification

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Mon Dec 12 08:22:29 EST 2016

Alan,I doubt it is the bearing running out of oil that will make it start weird.  I assume you have open bearings, they are pretty tough.  Do you have the prop on the motor for this test?  Id does sound like something is getting hot and needs to cool a bit.  You may have to pull the motor apart and look for rub marks.  Is the motor still quiet for the whole test?  When you stop and start it, does the oil in the wire tube jump?   could the wires be under sized given the motor is oil filled now?Hmm this will be fun to solveHank