[PSUBS-MAILIST] motor seal

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Wed Dec 14 10:46:34 EST 2016

One more detail I forgot to mention, there is a spring loaded diaphragm at the bottom of the oil filled motor that would create a small internal pressure that would help the seal.  Alan mentioned there is a 4 psi internal pressure on purpose built thrusters, that would coincide with the pump arrangement.Hank