[PSUBS-MAILIST] Fw:

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Wed Dec 21 12:40:02 EST 2016

Here is a picture of the first two cowls that fill the space between the new HP tanks and the sphere.  First I made them with cardboard, then transferred the shape to plastic sheet.  Then reinforced with a wood frame, then fibreglass three layers, then remove from the sub and fibreglass the inside for the final part.  The whole process takes two days, mostly waiting for drying.Now I am adding air chambers to the MBT so it behaves better when transitioning from surface to submerged.  Also I am glassing a hole through the MBT for the vertical thrusters to sit in, like Gamma has.Hank