[PSUBS-MAILIST] Pressure Transducer

Alan James via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Thu Dec 29 14:08:48 EST 2016

Cliff,I looked at machining but they wouldn't fit in my lathe.I was specific about what I ordered and the manufacturer has gotit wrong. I have been talking with them & I'll send them back.   I am trying to keep as close as practicable to GL rules.They require a valve  at  the hull for any gas coming in to thecabin. Although there is no gas lines coming in & through the cabin,I would be pretty sure they would require a valve between the hull& the pressure transducer. With 6 tanks to monitor, this will saveon the cost of 6 valves, but more importantly will save space insidethe hull, & as these valves would need to be clustered within armsreach, that space in that area would be an important saving.Also, as I have said previously, a failed o-ring on the hull interface with high pressure air / O2 could lead to a fatal condition in a small one person submersible.Cheers Alan