[PSUBS-MAILIST] Brushless thruster test

Alan James via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Mon Feb 1 03:09:17 EST 2016

Thanks Glen,there are a lot of direct drive brushless thrusters out there that are made forsubs, ROVs & DPVs. I have performance specs on a number of themthat I can compare with my results. So just a matter of finding the rightmotor & prop combination.I am now looking at sensored BLDC motors rather than the sensorless motors I have been using. This is because it is difficult to find speed controllerswith reverse for the sensorless. The sensored motors are used in tractionvehicles where they want a smoother start, whereas sensorless motorstend to be in things like RC planes that don't need reverse.Cheers Alan