[PSUBS-MAILIST] Through hull penetrator

Jon Wallace via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sat Feb 6 16:44:15 EST 2016

Thanks Alan.  I think Doug would have had much better luck had he used
threaded rod instead of wire.  His method is essentially what I am
looking at doing however I would use a tapered end as you suggested as
well as threaded rod for the conductors to give the epoxy something to
grip onto.  Emile presented an interesting design some time ago in which
he press fit conductors through nylon or some other solid plastic
material.  My bigger issue from a DIY perspective is that I will require
some machining no matter what method I choose.  The K-600 uses a smooth
bore through-hull that must be sealed on the outside face by an o-ring.
See attached photo for type of penetrator I need.