[PSUBS-MAILIST] Electrical thru-hull

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sat Feb 6 17:34:40 EST 2016

Hi Jon,You have a couple of options, you can machine a piece to fit with an o-ring groove in it and make a penetrator from that or you could thread your opening  and make a penetrator to fit that.  How many wires do you need to go through?    I would not use a smooth rod in a home made penetrator.  I always use a small threaded rod and have had good success.  I tested the two I made for Gamma to well over 600 psi and they were perfect.  If you like I am happy to make you a couple to fit your bore.  Just get me the exact measurement of the bore.  You have been very helpful to me and others so it would be a pleasure to help you out.Hank