[PSUBS-MAILIST] Electrical thru-hull

Alan James via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Mon Feb 8 17:26:37 EST 2016

Jon,I remember those subconn connectors were rated in relation to thethick insulation surrounding them.
2 contacts current rating: 10 A per contact (max 20 A per connector)
3, 4 and 5 contacts current rating: 10 A per contact (max 30 A per connector)So it's not just the wire gauge you need to take in to consideration.There are charts like this one I just Googled for selecting required wire thickness.Wire Gauges - Current Ratings

|   |
| Wire Gauges - Current RatingsCommon US wire gauges - AWG gauges and their current ratings |
|  |
| View on www.engineeringtoolbox.com | Preview by Yahoo |
|  |
|   |

If you tell us the diameter of the hole, I will let you know if I come across asuitable through-hull fitting.Alan