[PSUBS-MAILIST] Knotstick

Alan James via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Mon Feb 8 21:41:01 EST 2016

Doug,to adapt it to a submarine you would need to do something like house the disk end in a 3" diameter piece of plastic tubing.You could attach a fine nylon line to the back of the disk & toa hole in the pipe to stop the disk drifting out & tangling somewhere.Make sure there is enough slack in the nylon that it doesn't interfere withthe disks range of movement.We could probably adapt this concept & come up with a submarine specificitem. Maybe a clear tube with the disk inside pushing against a spring, with thedisk moving along markings on the tube.Alan