[PSUBS-MAILIST] HY steel

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Fri Feb 19 19:32:07 EST 2016

Hi Sean,Thank you for the figures, very helpful!Hank

    On Friday, February 19, 2016 4:22 PM, Sean T. Stevenson via Personal_Submersibles <personal_submersibles at psubs.org> wrote:

 The reason I switched to a 64-bit compiler was to be able to address all
available memory on a user's machine (16 TB limit, as opposed to 4 GB
for 32-bit), as well as to implement loop parallelism in some parts of
the code.  This is necessary for the cylindrical shell optimizer (not
yet released) to not take an unreasonable amount of time to arrive at a
solution.  While I could use a 32-bit compiler for just the head
calculator component (the released software), I was trying to plan ahead
to make everything work together.  Plus, most people are running 64-bit
operating systems these days anyway.  If there is interest, I can
release a 32-bit version of the head calculator.

Sean