[PSUBS-MAILIST] re-machine hatch

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Thu Feb 25 20:59:16 EST 2016

Brian,I had the same problem you had.  I welded the hinge to the hatch after machining, thinking it would not warp because it is super thick and heavy.   Well yesterday I got my new o-ring and decided to do a final clearance check and sure enough it had a tiny warp.   So today I spent the whole day setting up the hatch in the lathe and re-faced it.  It is a blessing in disguise because I found that I made the o-ring groove to small, not sure how that happened but it is all good now.   The vacuum test is going well.Hank