[PSUBS-MAILIST] sail

Alan James via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sun Feb 28 15:32:27 EST 2016

If you can surround your ballast vent valves with the sail, then you canflood it by keeping your vent valves open. How long this will take???   Then you could buy several cheap self draining valves & put them in.However it is really  a wave splash guard so you don't get several gallonsof water down your hatch in one shot.You could just drill some holes at the base of the sail & any water from a wavethat enters will only be a thin layer that won't cover your deck to the height of yourhatch. If you made the holes an appropriate size, you could fit one way valvesin them if you found it necessary.Cheers Alan