[PSUBS-MAILIST] 2016 Convention?

Alec Smyth via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Thu Jan 7 22:21:09 EST 2016

Eeek, I've organized a PSUBS convention once before and I'm not sure I
quite want to be the lead. Particularly this year which is going to be
particularly hectic. What I'd really like is to speak to our contacts over
there and see what can be lined up in terms of specific facilities and
help, but leave someone else the pleasure of lining up the speakers and sub
owners, or the finances.

Al (Secor), if you're reading this... I've done two dive trips there but
you're local. Would you have any specific recommendations as far as a site?
Some of the Great Lakes subs likely to attend do not launch easily on a
ramp and might even need to be craned in, and a launch site that implied
minimal towing would also be a huge plus. I'm pretty sure we can line up
surface support, but we could have a good number of subs. Please let us
know any suggestions. Once I've heard from you my next step would be to
sound out our friends at the Finger Lakes Underwater Preservation Assn.

Before even starting down that path, are there any alternative ideas? I
think Jon makes the call, after weighing whatever ideas are out there.

Thanks,

Alec

On Thu, Jan 7, 2016 at 11:34 AM, via Personal_Submersibles <