[PSUBS-MAILIST] Fw: flang facing

TOM WHENT via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Mon Jan 11 10:26:17 EST 2016

In the machinist trade we would use Prussian Blue like Scott had just suggested. If looking for a really close fit, lapping the two surfaces together with a non-embedding compound such as "time-saver" would be an option. With lapping, the contact areas will be very visible in the surface finish. The existing surfaces have to be close for this.

I like your facing rig. It is very much like portable align boring equipment I have used.

I'm sorry, I haven't been following along more closely. Is there anything other than the taper to index the location of the mating halves, such as a counterbore?

Beautiful work!
Cheers,
Tom