[PSUBS-MAILIST] battery compensation

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Thu Jan 14 13:47:38 EST 2016

Tom,I think the relay will be okay, I think I have done it in the past, just can't remember where ;-)    Hank

    On Thursday, January 14, 2016 11:36 AM, TOM WHENT via Personal_Submersibles <personal_submersibles at psubs.org> wrote:

 #yiv9361479466 p {margin:0;}I think that your lead acid battery weight in water question would be a simple matter, but you likely would have to calculate it individually for each size of cell. I would think the density could vary with the composition of each size. Most battery manufacturers provide a spec sheet for their batteries so it would be simple from the weight and dimensions provided to calculate the density and the specific gravity of the cell.

I have no ideas on the relays being in an oil bath. Would that lead to coking on the contacts?