[PSUBS-MAILIST] Virtual Viewports

Alan James via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sat Jan 16 21:12:45 EST 2016

Cliff,a lot of cameras & video cameras have an infrared receiver, & this gives you theoption to buy a remote transmitter & operate functions remotely. Mainly take still photos & turn the video camera on & off.This only operates with line of sight, hence the need for the suggested modification bytaking the infrared transmitting LED out of the transmitter (transmitters cost round $20-)& mounting it in your camera housing pointed at the cameras receiver. Then run wiresback from the transmitter LED to the transmitter in the hull. As for ROV sites, there is Home built ROV & a host of others out there.http://www.homebuiltrovs.com/rovforum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1768&sid=5a373635c56a06a106debb110420f24b
You may be able to approach Keith Gordon down here in N.Z. who monitors this site occasionally.He has been using ROVs since they were invented. Hugh would have his email.If it were me, I would take your HMI down to your local electronics store & see if the inputs would supportany type of security camera set up they are selling. I think you want to run multiple cameras & these security setups support differing numbers of cameras. At least you could get good advice on youroptions based on what you have. I think Doug mentioned a reversing camera which would be goodenough if you only need collision avoidance type quality.Interested to follow your progress.Alan