[PSUBS-MAILIST] Hp valves

Alec Smyth via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Fri Jan 22 23:15:36 EST 2016

The original Kittredge arrangement is two SCUBA tanks inside the hull, with
ball valves allowing you to switch between them. On Snoopy I moved the
tanks outside, with independent HP lines into the hull. They had separate
hull stops, and from those were combined in a manifold. The HP lines had
check valves so that air could only enter the manifold but not back up, so
that if for whatever reason (say a blown tank valve O ring) you lost
pressure in one of the tanks, its check valve would prevent the manifold
and the second tank from emptying. In Shackleton I have reproduced the same
exact arrangement except everything but the gauges and BIBS has moved
outside.

Best,

Alec

On Fri, Jan 22, 2016 at 9:09 PM, Alan James via Personal_Submersibles <