[PSUBS-MAILIST] R300 Dive at Lake Amistad

Cliff Redus via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Wed Jan 27 19:08:45 EST 2016

Scott, in order for me to get a special use permit to dive the boat at this
Federal lake, I had to agree to have the US National Park Service have a
boat in the water and cover the cost of the boat an four rangers for the
day.  I gave them a briefing to start the day.  They had two concerns that
prompted the boat and rangers.  The first is my dive plan call for a dive
that was deeper the recreational dive limit so they wanted to know what the
plan for rescue during the deep dive and the second was that the dive
location for the deep dive was right in the middle of the channel and they
were afraid that boat traffic would be an issue.  Also as this lake shares
a border with Mexico, I guess they were afraid I was going to morph into a
drug submarine.  Even though they were costly, they were supportive  but
did monitor my VHF dive channel.

Cliff

On Wed, Jan 27, 2016 at 5:37 PM, via Personal_Submersibles <