[PSUBS-MAILIST] R300 Dive at Lake Amistad

Cliff Redus via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Thu Jan 28 15:36:03 EST 2016

Neither, I use the vertical thrusters.  When I am moving forward submerged,
when I pull the joystick pack, it generated a downward force at the
location of the vertical thrusters.  The stern planes prevent the stern of
the boat from moving up so the net effect is pitching up.  When I am not
moving forward because the location of the vertical thrusters is just
forward of the CG of the boat, when I pull back on the joystick, the boat
pitches up just slightly during the ascent.

That's not a bad idea on Curacao.  It would be a lot closer for me and the
water vis would be out of this world.

As to diving in New Zealand, just tell me when your are Hugh get your boats
ready and I am on a plane down your way!

Regards

On Thu, Jan 28, 2016 at 12:47 PM, Alan James via Personal_Submersibles <