[PSUBS-MAILIST] PSUBS light project status

Alec Smyth via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sun Jul 3 09:08:24 EDT 2016

Hi Cliff,

You got the attention of Captain Quaker there, as I too am running a 36V
bus and the simplest most rugged driver is no driver. Since my boat hasn't
been in the water yet I don't know what voltage drop I'll see at hard
throttle, but in my experience the lead foot only comes down on the surface
where I don't particularly need dive lights. When dived, the thrusters are
just ticking over. Do you know what would happen when the voltage falls
below 35.1? If the lights just go a bit dimmer, that might be fine. If its
a step function on the other hand and they just go out altogether, then
obviously not so good.

Best,

Alec

On Sat, Jul 2, 2016 at 4:50 PM, Cliff Redus via Personal_Submersibles <