[PSUBS-MAILIST] PSUBS light project status

via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Mon Jul 4 12:33:35 EDT 2016

I just posted my light on my FB account. I've made several of these the last couple of years for underwear video lights. I'll also post it to my psubs project page.

Basically I took a Chinese dive light,  turned a plug to replace the battery tube and then turned an aluminum cylinder to mount the flat LED - functioning as a heat sink. For my video lights I mount the driver in the battery box. I've also potted the bottom of the light as I don’t trust canister light glands at depth.

For Harold I'll mount the driver internally. This one will hang over the forward main viewport, pointing down at about 45 degrees.

Other lights will be more focused and point forward.

Sent from Microsoft Surface