[PSUBS-MAILIST] deep test

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Thu Jul 7 20:55:47 EDT 2016

Okay, apparently my idea for deep testing Gamma is to risky.  So I am back to the safe method.  I have hauled my portable barge home and am going through the hydraulic winch stuff and I have put a nice little diesel engine on the hydraulic pump to power the winch.  The winch is a 12,000 lb Ramsey with home made hydraulic drive.  I am putting a new 1,000 foot spool of 3\8 cable on so I can reach the bottom.  Luckily my pickup truck can tow the barge (6,500 lbs)  so that is nice.  I will haul the barge one day and return with the sub the next.  It is a 12 hr round trip, so this whole adventure will take several days.   I might leave the barge out there and return with Elementary 3,000 and sink it also.Tim, if your around? I will be out there next week.Hank