[PSUBS-MAILIST] turn indicator

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Wed Jul 13 16:53:19 EDT 2016

Today I got my gyroscopic turn indicator and it works just fine.   I am not convinced it will do the job though.  When the unit is turned slightly it reacts as it should and quickly.  my concern is though, if the unit is left turned the indicator needle will return to the original position.  So if the sub turns and is not corrected immediately you will lose your bearing.  I think a gyroscopic compass might make more sense.  I will test this out first before I jump into another solution.Hank