[PSUBS-MAILIST] Sub for 2 pexople

Douglas Suhr via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sun Jul 17 15:58:22 EDT 2016

That's a good question, but one that's hard to nail down just the same. It
very much depends on the skills you currently have and the machinery
available to you. If you are a fabricator with decent skills and a "fully
loaded" machine shop, you could probably do a K-350 for $12,000 - $20,000
(depending on local availability of steel and your thriftiness in buying
other parts). If you lack fab skills/access to a shop you will need to hire
some of the work out and this will increase the cost of the build
significantly (perhaps to the $35,000 - $50,000 range).

Any way you slice it, if you are building a sub it's going to mean some
combination of sweat and money. In my opinion the best thing to do is split
the project into several stages - like Pressure hull, Ballasting system,
Propulsion, Cabin, Exterior - Then start with basic pressure hull and don't
worry about anything else until the basic pressure hull is complete. Just
my idea... Doug S.

On Sun, Jul 17, 2016 at 2:27 PM, Kamil Żebrowski <