[PSUBS-MAILIST] Sub for 2 pexople

Douglas Suhr via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sun Jul 17 19:24:09 EDT 2016

While I can not speak with specificity to regulations in countries other
than the United States, here a personal submersible needs to be registered
just like any other private watercraft (with the notable exceptions being
non-powered [bells] or human-powered subs). I'd imagine that the laws are
similar in many other countries though - as soon as a vessel is
mechanically powered it has to be registered.

As far as certification, the K-350 design is certified by both Lloyds and
Nippon, But most sub owners don't worry about becoming certified because of
the costs involved with testing/inspection. An actual certification is only
"valuable" when you plan to put the sub to work commercially (at least
that's my understanding - it's a pretty costly procedure). For private use
no certification should be necessary. ~ Doug S.

On Sun, Jul 17, 2016 at 5:11 PM, Kamil Żebrowski <