[PSUBS-MAILIST] CAD

via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Tue Jul 19 08:51:48 EDT 2016

Hi all,

I now have a person who has joined the Pisces VI team who will be doing all the design and CAD modeling. He is most comfortable with soildworks. From what I have found, ABS doesn't care about the CAD program as long as it shows what they need. I found out I will not need a FEA on the hull done, so I don't have to worry about that. I am working on purchasing the CAD program, but am wanting some input on what I should buy exactly. The functions I need it to preform are:

*Weights and Balance
*General design modeling for new design
*Printing of blueprints from the design that we can fabricate from

My first question is there any other functions I am missing? My second question is what exactly should I buy from solidworks?

Thank you,
Scott Waters