[PSUBS-MAILIST] patience pays

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Wed Jul 20 16:22:35 EDT 2016

After three days of sanding buffing and polishing the conical seat, I have the port fitted.  The window frame warped a wee bit from welding even though it is 3 inches thick.  I had the port bedded with approximately .020 in of high compression resin, but was not comfortable with that.   Now the port sits on the steel seat directly.  My port is .125 inches to thick so I will machine that off as soon as I have the hatch out of the lathe.
I have the hatch in the lathe to machine a temporary attachment that will hold the hatch true on the land while it rotates with lapping compound between the land and hatch.  I will rotate the hatch with a hydraulic flange facing machine.
I have postponed my deep test of Gamma so that i can test Elementary 3,000 occupant sphere to 980 feet  at the same time as testing Gamma.  It is a big effort to get my barge to the lake for testing, so I can test  both subs with one barge move.  The barge is on the trailer ready to go and Gamma is also on her trailer ready to go.  Hank