[PSUBS-MAILIST] patience pays

Alan via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Thu Jul 21 08:52:13 EDT 2016

Thanks Hank,
I was apposed to solenoid valves for ballast tanks because of the way the internals
were corroding on mine, then after our discussion about them, I came up with a good
design based on an assembly drawing for a pneumatically operated top hat valve, that
Vance gave the group in Florida. I am considering having 2 valves on each ballast tank,
top & bottom. I would just run a wire from the coil on one valve to the coil on the next
to operate them simultaneously with one through hull. It is a matter of getting the
right thickness of wire & number of turns, to get enough magnetism to pull the valve
plungers open.